If you have a passion for fitness and competition, we want you in our boats. Yes, YOU! Experience not required.
Philadelphia Flying Phoenix, one of Philly's premier women’s dragon boat clubs, is currently recruiting athletically oriented women (generally aged 50 years and younger with some exceptions.)
If you are an experienced paddler, a beginner paddler from a community/corporate/charity team who wants to take it up a notch, or an athlete with no dragon boat experience, we want you to come to a Meetup and check us out! We will start training you right away.
Get out on the water with Philadelphia Flying Phoenix. Discover the fun and excitement of dragon boating and find the sport (and team) for you!
About our team:
- We are the current National Champions, Premier Women.
- We are the current East Coast Champions, Premier Women and Senior B.
- We are 8-time champions - Independence Dragon Boat Regatta (Phila), Women's Division.
- We provide a challenging, nurturing and positive environment for women from all walks of life.
- Our head coach, Emilia Rastrick, has been paddling, teaching and coaching for over 10 years. She was a member of the United States Dragon Boat Team in 2013 and 2015 and she has extensive experience paddling canoes and dragon boats.
- We have four competitive crews (Premier (top paddlers of any age), Senior A (40+), Senior B (50+), and Senior C (60+) and a competitive breast cancer survivor crew (Against the Wind.)