If you have a passion for fitness and competition, we want you in our boats. Yes, YOU! Experience not required.
Philadelphia Flying Phoenix, one of Philly's premier world class dragon boat clubs, is currently recruiting athletically oriented competitive women dedicated to serious training and winning for our premier crew. We are also recruiting women breast cancer survivors for our competitive breast cancer survivor crew called Against the Wind.
If you are an experienced paddler, a beginner paddler from a community/corporate/charity team who wants to take it up a notch, or an athlete with no dragon boat experience, we want you to come to a practice and check us out! We will start training you right away.
Get out on the water with Philadelphia Flying Phoenix. Discover the fun and excitement of dragon boating and find the sport (and team) for you!
About our team:
- East Coast Champions: 2017 and 2015 Senior B Women, 2016 Premier Women
- National Champions: 2015 Premier Women
- We are 8-time champions - Independence Dragon Boat Regatta (Phila), Women's Division.
- We provide a challenging, nurturing and positive environment for women from all walks of life.
- Our head coach, Emilia Rastrick, has been paddling, teaching and coaching for over 10 years. She was a member of the United States Dragon Boat Team in 2013 and 2015 and she has extensive experience paddling canoes and dragon boats.
- We have five competitive crews:
- Premier (top paddlers 18+ yrs.)
- Senior A (40+ yrs.)
- Senior B (50+ yrs.)
- Senior C (60+ yrs.)
- Against the Wind (ATW - our breast cancer survivor crew)
Senior crews follow the racing classes of the International Dragon Boat Federation rules of racing.
- We race locally, nationally, and internationally against other women's crews.